It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Catching up on Things
I've been gone for a few days, so here is the obligatory bulleted post.
  • Where was I? I was down in Myrtle Beach playing in the Carolinas Section PGA Pro-Assistant Championship, we tied for 19th, which earned me $242.50. Not bad, except the entry fees added up to $350. I could have played a whole lot better, except for having the detox shakes durin the final round. However, the rest of my trip was paid by my travel partners- and I made up the difference in $40 entrees, and top shelp vodka (Grey Goose biatch!) and cranberry. I stayed here, and urinated off the 12th floor late Monday night. I remember it being as awe-inspiring as I would have hoped.I played here, and here.
  • Job offer from here should be coming through in the next couple of days, and depending on job description and compensation, we could have a winner.
  • My new house, described in an earlier post, comes with one more important feature I forgot to mention- an outdoor shower. After cutting grass and moving mulch all morning, I can clean up without making the inside shower filthy, which is a huge bonus. Also, each time I shower outside, my ass gets a little tanner.
  • I watched Lord of War in the Suburban on the way back from Myrtle Beach. In case you haven't seen it, you should. I really enjoyed it, despite the best efforts of Nicholas Cage. I felt like tying the ending in to some political type post, but we'd most likely just end up arguing about Iran-Contra. I'll be saying something like "The US government should have avenues to effect change in the world outside traditional means," and Charles will be saying, "I'd like to bottle peace and sell it to the whole world, and then give my workers the profits, while taking a giant dump on hegemony." (Gmack- click here)
  • If anyone has ever watched Chappelle's Show- the lady from "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" just called the golf shop here. The conversation went like this-
*Phone Rings*
Me: Good afternoon, --- Golf Club, This is Jackscolon.
Her: Rabble, rabble, rabble (I couldn't understand)
Me: What?
Her: Rabble, rabble, rabble! (Still no comprehension on my part)
Me: What?
Her (talking slower): Did you just call me?
Me: No.
Her: Your number is on my phone:
Me: Ma'am, no one has called you from the golf shop.
Her: Somebody called me, I don't like people playing on my phone!
Me: *laughing, and then hanging up*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home