It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Thursday, July 20, 2006
New Home- Kinda
Because our landlady is a complete bitch, my roommates and I are being kicked out of our apartment for a month while her family comes up, so something. However, because the realtor-lady we know is not a complete bitch, we've been hooked up with a new residence without our rent increasing. The new house is, well... tits, figuratively and literally.Curb appeal = lacking, but a 1200 square foot house with a yard you can spit over retails for about 300k down here. We, however, are paying 1200 a month. Not bad.Walking through the front door, you're greeted with 18 foot ceilings, and a naked mermaid statue about 12 feet up in the air. Just so you know, her breasts are amazing. I named her Gaia Earth Mother (narrowly beating out Sophia, and Tiamat) and she is the new patron saint (demigod) of our abode on West Eden Street. The statue is really old, judging by the "Made in Pangea" sticker on the base.The kitchen is brand new, with a sweet island in the middle containing a dishwasher, and a couple of sinks. Everything is brand new, including the 12 pk of courtesy beer in the fridge, and the lone bottle of Robert Mondavi Cabernet Savignon aging the wine rack. It will still be aging when it comes time for us to leave, the beer however, will be long gone.Lastly, our living room has some sweet fake plants, some sweet old books, a sweet comfy couch, and the best chair ever (located just out of sight at the bottom left of the picture). The chair will soon be broken in by my sweet ass, once I pick up an Xbox 360 and Oblivion, courtesy of the $1100 I saved by filling out a four page application that changed my residency to got me in-state tuition, and landscaping at $35 an hour. Speaking of landscaping, I can't help but think that if Pharoah had given the Hebrews I-pods, they'd still be toiling in Egypt.

1 Comments:

Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

Wait, so are you going to be living here for a month or for longer?

I'm a little upset you didn't have a hyperlink to my blog under Gaia Earth Mother, but I'll let it go this once.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home