It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Sunday, June 11, 2006
World Cup Sweetness
So far, I've probably watched about half of each game televised during the 2006 World Cup, and I'm enthralled. Here's why-
  • No commericals- sports are so much more entertaining when the action is continuous. The same goes for stoppages of play, I struggle watching entire games of football or basketball because when action is most intense (end of close games), the progress of the game nearly stops, as timeouts and car insurance commercials destroy any interest I had.
  • Super Ethnic Teams- I enjoy watching a Dutch team full of Van Der Vaarts as much as I like watching a Mexican team with Sanchez's and Garcia's, or a German team full of David Hasselhoff clones. This could possibly be the number one reason I care so little about American soccer. Stupid diversity.
  • Intriguing matchups- Is there anyone out there who wouldn't be interested in a possible US-Iran game? I doubt it...
  • Close games- A majority of the games are decided by a one goal differential, which is far superior to previous international matchups in other sports...
  • Ronaldinho, Rooney, Henry, Robben, Reyna, Ronaldo, Beckham...

1 Comments:

Blogger GMack said...

World Cup is totally sweet. And, if the fan's team doesn't win in some countries, they kill the team. Now that is pressure.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home