It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Why I Don't Have Anything to Post About
I know I've been a bit lax about posting, even though I have lots of free time here at work. Here are my excuses-
  • I don't watch the news, read the news, pay attention to news, or really care about the news. Hence, no political posts. I don't care what Bush's approval rating is, I don't care how stupid the democrats are, I'm just kind of sick of politics in general. Let me know when something happens that isn't A) Iraq B) Immigration C) Partisan Bickering or D) Political Opportunism.
  • I've come to terms with postmodernism, haven't been reading anything deep and thought provoking, or had any enlightening conversations. Hence, no philosophical posts. I am, but I don't think- I just go play golf, and sleep out by my pool.
  • I don't have the internet at my house. Hence, I can't write posts about movies or watching tv shows like Nip/Tuck or Iron Chef America (no scallion souffles yet). Both of which are totally sweet, even if all the major plotlines are resolved within two episodes on Nip/Tuck and even if I've never seen any of the ingredients on Iron Chef America at a real grocery store. However, I have been getting interested in cooking, and I'd totally start making some sweet food, except Tuna Helper and freezer burritos are way cheaper than tenderloin and quail eggs.
  • I've been doing some GPTP (crap I need to get my Class A PGA card), watching episodes of the Simpsons and Seinfeld at work, and actually working at work... well, the first two of those are correct. How bored am I? I've been browing eBay for contemporary art, and I'm not even interested in buying, or sure of what I'm looking at.
So, that's that. Boring, but at least it wasn't about dresses.

6 Comments:

Blogger GMack said...

Well at least my one about dresses was educational...plus it had pictures of hot women (which I am pretty sure held your attention). I know my audience.

6:52 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

I don't know - there's hot, and then there's really hot. On a scale of 1-really hot, your picutres were a 2.4. My attention was held for about a minute, afterwhich I returned to wondering whether scallion souffle would've povided the heartburn necessary to save that guy from beauwolf's advances at antidem.

12:03 PM  
Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

I mean, the news is kinda dumb, but there's Slate, and National Review, and the New York Times magazine, and creators.com, and dailykos, and the Drudge Report, and Wired. Come on! I mean, at least gmack knows his audience.

12:55 PM  
Blogger GMack said...

Well Redhurt, I couldn't put pictures that would be at a 10 because I'd get a crazy comment from someone with "NSFW!!!". But Marisa Miller has to be one of the hottest women on the face of the earth...she was the one in the babydoll dress.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

Marissa Miller is completely un-hot. She looks like a fakey-fake (isn't that a move in snowboarding??) There is nothing interesting about her. She has a boring face. Her hair is the exact same color as her skin. On a scale of 1 to really hot, she gets about a 1.

9:23 AM  
Blogger GMack said...

Part of the appeal to Marisa Miller is that she is somewhat plain. She has done modeling from J.Crew to Victoria's Secret. She can be dressed down or made up. Personally I like the dressed down look better.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home