It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Friday, June 09, 2006
Tiger. Federer. Ronaldinho?
Until inspiration strikes, it looks like you're all stuck getting compilation posts.
  • I'm borderline excited about the World Cup. To get ready, I've been watching all kinds of soccer, excuse me, football highlights (the U2 in the background made me throw up a little in my mouth) over at Google Video, including this one featuring Ronaldinho. Watch it, it is totally amazing, and the best part is that the guys in the background don't pay any attention- Ronaldinho does this stuff all the time. He's incredibly good. So good that I would rank him as high as Tiger or Roger Federer as being totally dominant in his sport.
  • I started reading a few pages of A History of God by Karen Armstrong. I really can't see myself getting much farther though, I can only handle so much of "according to one theory", "scholars maintain", "it is highly likely", "there is a good chance", "two out of every thousand people believe" (ok, I made that last one up)- the whole thing has the sweet stench of unsubstantiated conjecture, or is at least just way to open to the possibility of me making up my own mind as to what I want to believe in it. Give me Richard Dawkins saying, "All real scientists believe in evolution, the other ones get their pants pulled down and are spanked with moon rocks" anyday. I crave definitivity.
  • The stock market has totally collapsed over the last few weeks, and I'm pumped. I'm finally making money, and I can start accumulating great companies at bargain prices. Sure, I've got some large unrealized losses at the moment, but I won't forever- Mr. Softie (MSFT) at $22 a share? Count me in.
  • "Think you're illin? I got $50 billion!" Bill Gates serves Jay-Z.
  • I just found out Subway has a 3 footlong subs for $11.99 deal after 4 PM. Packing lunch for the week just got a whole lot easier. Hello Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki.

1 Comments:

Blogger GMack said...

That video with Ronaldinho is totally nuts. I can't believe that he was pegging the goal post from like 20 yards out. And the fact that he was doing it consistently. That's like shooting lifesavers with an arrow from like 20 yards.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home