It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Near Death Experiences
I almost died yesterday. I walked outside of the golf shop as the remnants of Hurricane Alberto were rolling though, and a huge piece off a dead tree fell and hit the pavement a few feet behind me. It was at least sixty pounds, and it took a chuck out of pavement where it fell. Just kidding, the pavement was fine, but it seriously could have taken a huge chunk out of my noggin or possibly melted right through my esophagus. However, it was accompanied by a loud cracking, so I did see it before it fell, and could have moved out of the way had it been directly over me. So, instead of a near death experience and seeing my life flash before my eyes, I remembered an episode of Deadliest Catch where one of the fisherman was struck by a piece of ice falling off the tower. How's that for anti-climactic?

In other news, I spent all morning roto-tilling and planting flowers and shrubs for $30 an hour. It looked like this, only instead of tangled and random it was professional and neat- plus, my arms feel like they're made out of butter.

3 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

I had a tree actually fall on my esophagus, but, like your arms, it felt just like butter, and so melted right through, wherein it combined with the other various digestional juices to produce an inner sensation reminiscent of the way GMack feels wearing Deisel cologne.

6:33 PM  
Blogger GMack said...

I don't like Diesel cologne

10:08 AM  
Blogger JMC said...

A horse probably knocked that tree over.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home