It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Last Cindy Sheehan Post... most likely.
Ok, this is the last one. I swear. At least until she gets back from her vacation from "Camp Casey". Actually, I flipped a coin to see who I should rip on, and she narrowly beat out the NY Times Op-Ed columnists by a score of 3-2 (ok I made that up, it was a best of one... and both sides were Cindy Sheehan).

While surfing the web, (mainly because of the lack of new posts redhurt, standingoutinthecold, and pragmaticism) I came across this letter Cindy Sheehan wrote to Ted Koppel at Nightline, and she is PISSED! I'll pick out some her better paragraphs and break them down, because she makes as much sense as British comedy.
"The show last night was also not fair and balanced. To see all the wives being interviewed who had not lost their husbands and to hear what "hard work" it is to be left behind when their husbands are at war. How hard to you think it is to have a child killed in an illegal and immoral war? In this "wonderful" group of families left behind, we had exactly ONE of the wives call us..she is Diane Rose who was my son's Colonel, Frank Rose's wife. The last time we heard from Diane was in October and we feel we have been left behind by anyone connected to the 2-5 Cavalry. Is support only given if your loved one stays alive? One wife was quoted as saying that Sundays were the hardest for the families left behind. My son was killed on Palm Sunday last year..how does anybody think Sundays are for my family?"
Hmmm... maybe the rest of the ol' duece five families don't want their grief used as political ammunition or just can't stand the "my pains hurts worse than yours" attitude. Oh wait, I forgot- that's how she gets more "moral authority" than the rest. Seriously, why would Palm Sunday make any difference? Moving on...
"A distraught father who lost his son was shown telling how much his life was so adversely affected. Why wasn't a mother (like me) who has been an outspoken critic of this war and of the President's policies interviewed for this piece? Why wasn't I given a chance to talk about 04/04/04 and the series of lies, mistakes and miscalculations that led to my precious oldest child's death??"
She may as well be Ben Affleck... "Why doesn't anyone come to my movies? I have as much talent as Matt Damon..." Someone should tell her that the History Channel is more likely to buy her conspiracy theories, or at least Gore TV. I'll skip ahead in the letter to keep this post from dragging...
"Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full-well that my son, my family, this nation, and this world were betrayed by a George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agenda after 9/11."
Apparently, Cindy Sheehan is reporting that this paragraph of her letter has been tampered with online. Which makes total sense because she hasn't ever said anything like that before...

I'm getting tired so I'm cutting this off. I think I recently picked up taste loss, so I've been drinking Miller Lite as my beer du jour to combat it. Only because I can't get good Canadian beer down here it the swamp though...

5 Comments:

Blogger JMC said...

Is there good Canadian beer?

8:50 AM  
Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

Here's a different perspective on the Sheehan debacle. Why does she make you so angry?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Labatt Blue is my brew.

Ever see the Family Guy episode where Peter acts like he's playing one of those pianos at the store that plays itself? and some guy comes up and is amazed and then realizes Peter wasn't actually playing and follows him around the rest of the show saying, "He's nothing but a phony, a big, fat phony!"

That is my opinion of Cindy Sheehan. I don't think that anything she says is genuine, I think that she is just capitalizing off her loss to become the darling of the political left and give credence to the rest of her activism. While I don't blame her for taking advantage of opportunity, that doesn't mean I can't hate her.

2:43 PM  
Blogger JMC said...

To answer Charles’s question (even though I wasn't asked), Sheehan makes me angry because she is playing the victimization card, not the principled opposition card.

In my hierarchy of beer, Labatt is somewhere between Milwaukee's Best and PBR.

3:28 PM  
Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

Okay, boys, what would principled opposition do?

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home