It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
The Peace Law Open Letter
I was looking through the email attached to my blog for the first time in months, and I found a wonderfully informative piece from Jack from Melbourne about "the profoundly conservative (but not right wing) Social Wisdom Teaching of Avatar Adi Da Samraj." Since I'm at work, and bored, I read through most of it, and I'll post a few of my favorite excerpts from the essay titled (entitled?) "On Liberation from ego and egoic Society, or, Cooperation + Tolerance = Peace". Incidentally, the "Cooperation + Tolerance = Love" equation was first discovered by Pythagoras- wait, maybe I'm thinking of John Lennon... I don't even know anymore. Anyway-

The ego-"I", whether individual or collective, is eventually reduced to sorrow and despair (or chronic life-depression), because of (and as an experiential result of) the inability of life (in and of itself) to generate Happiness and Joy and Immortality. And that self-contained depression finally becomes anger, or loveless confrontation with the total world and every form of presumed "not-self"—including even (and especially) the Transcendental, Inherently Spiritual, and Self-Evidently Divine Self-Identity (or One and Only and Non-Separate Self-Condition), Which is "locked away", by means of conventional (or merely exoteric) ideas of "God Apart", and is (thereby) made into an "Other" by the egoic mind.
If you didn't catch that, don't worry, our boy (or girl, I'm not sure) Avatar Adi Da Samraj clarifies in a later paragraph-
The only-by-Me Revealed and Given Way of Adidam is the Divine Way of the always already presently existing (and always already able to be functioning) heart in every one—and It is, therefore, based on the always present-time-existing participatory intelligence (expressed as devotional heart-recognition of Me), and the always present-time recognition-response of devotional love of Me, and counter-egoic surrender of self-contraction by Means of that devotional love of Me.
Yes, Yes, that's it. It's all clear to me now. By the way, I was lying. I didn't read through 4,149 words of this crap (word count courtesy of Microsoft Word), I just selected two blurbs at random. Furthermore, I remember being taught that the correct way to write anything is to parenthesize multiple times in a sentence and capitalize random words, wait, nevermind, it was the exact opposite. Anyway, I'm pumped I didn't attach a real email address to my blog, so I don't have to sift through this very often.

Anyway, let's hear what Joe Biden says about people like Avatar Adi Da Samraj:

3 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

well, I mean, he's right, you know.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

did Joe Biden just say that Indians only work at 7-11 and Dunkin Donuts? Isn't that politically incorrect? I mean, wouldn't someone catch flak if they said this true statement, "In Colorado we have had a huge growth of first generation Hispanic-Americans in the last few years. You can't go to a McDonalds or construction site without knowing some Spanish..."

2:43 PM  
Blogger E.A.P said...

I got that email, too! Ha!

Also, Joe Biden needs to have his mouth washed out with soup.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home