It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Something Totally Unimportant (and Jessica Alba!)
I just saw by far the stupidest public service announcement ever. I'll transcribe it here, courtesy of DVR. Visually, the commercial is an assorted bunch of shots featuring a nice, ethnically diverse group of children aged 4-17 who switch on and off reading the following drivel.

Child 1: Mom and Dad, it's that time of the year-
Child 2: when we talk about celebrating the birth of Jesus-
Child 3: and dream about the presents that might be under our tree-
Child 4 (a rotund, mongoloid child): but Mom and Dad, you must remember that video games with hate and violence are bad for us-
Child 5: Please, be strong, and don't buy these types of games for me-
Child 6: I want to grow up and be all that God meant for me to be
Sponsoring Douche: Together, we can change America one child at a time.

The piece ends with a crappy WordArt "Happy Holidays" superimposed over a cheap, imitation Thomas Kinkaide snowscape. Ugh... I think there is a special place reserved for these sell-out children in hell...

Anyway, I'm off to Asia to pick up a copy of "Fantastic Four" to watch tonight... for the record, Jessica Alba is wayyy hotter than stupid Angelina Jolie.

I can't even think of a caption... or think...

4 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

GQ, right? That shoot was deadly. I avoided it like the plague -- after I read it standing in line for medicine. She later said her Dad was upset about the provocative poses.

6:55 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

now if she could just act....

7:26 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

yes, I visited twice. Shoot me.

7:27 PM  
Blogger P said...

I am perfectly fine with her inability to act...I don't pay attention to what she's saying anyway.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home