It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Monday, November 28, 2005
The Downfall of Christian Art
First, I'd like to thanks Hans-Georg for sending me the link that inspired this post.

An art critic I'm not, but I think you'll see what I'm getting at. We'll start with Christian art in the Dark Ages-

I'd hang this in my living room...

a hundred years later-

Classic...

A few years later-

Still sweet...
... now fifty years later-

Good, but does Jesus need to rub his nipple over a nice meal of sheep head?

17th century-
A bit less ridiculous, but it lacks vitality...

19th Century-

Looks like Nikolay Gay forgot half the disciples here...

then in the last hundred years, everything falls apart-

Get off Jesus! Make yourself a dang quesadilla!


One Jesus painting, hold the quality...

Ok, I'll stop pretending to know something about art and just show you some of the stupid pictures Hans sent me (see the rest here)-
"I'm all out of Jesus power, we'll have to put him down."
Not even Jesus is immune to the down syndrome pandemic...

Want more Christian stupidity? Check out ULTIMATE CHRISTIAN WRESTLING! I recommend checking out the Ultimate Talent and the Ultimate Prayer Board!

2 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

I want a "With you Always" shot of Jesus bringing joy to the middle of a bar fight.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Hans-Georg Gadamer said...

Do you think the Orthodox Church would count those "with you always" drawings as icons? It could bring a ton of joy to a serbian French Horn player in times of spiritual crisis. "Jesus and spittle are with you always". Unbelievable!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home