It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Monday, September 04, 2006
Steve Irwin- 6241, Wildlife- A Very Big 1
For the most part, I really can't care less about the deaths of people I've never met, but when I heard that Steve Irwin was killed by a sting ray this morning at the gym, I was actually kind of stunned, probably more stunned than when the Space Shuttle exploded or when the Twin Towers came down (a space shuttle explosion and terrorist attacks are well, within the range of things I can expect to happen, whereas The Crocodile Hunter being killed by a relatively docile animal isn't). Granted, my life isn't going to change at all, and it isn't like I've watched his show in years, but I'm still a little disappointed. Stupid freaking stingray.

1 Comments:

Blogger JMC said...

Make that 6242: I read today that he managed to pull the barb out of his heart/chest before he died.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home