It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Article Review
I ran into this over at ESPN.com- apparently an 18-year old male made himself a fake press pass to get into baseball games and talk to some of the Met's players. How illegal is that? Well, apparently he could get seven years, which strikes me as odd, since in New York the average sentence for vehicular manslaughter is about 16 months. Hmmm... fake press pass vs. hitting and killing someone with a vehicle, saving $28 in admission and getting to talk to few heroes vs. running a person over with a car... yeah, that sounds about right.
At least this person didn't see a free baseball game!

Courtesy of Google News, I found the exact article I saw a couple of days ago in CNN titled: "Earth's Moon could become a Planet." According to the new definition proposed by the IAU- "Every round object orbiting the sun is a planet, unless it orbits another planet. But there is a big caveat: If the center of gravity, called the barycenter, is outside the larger object, then the smaller object is a planet." The article then goes on to describe how the moon moves a few inches farther away from the Earth every year, so that eventually (we're talking billions of years) the moon may end up being labeled as a planet. Suddenly, I stopped caring. So, as for the title- Technically correct? Yes. Incredibly misleading? Yes. Did I end up reading the article? Yes, and then I blogged about it. Touche CNN!

Finally, I urge all of you to check out this thrilling exchange played out over a few days between the Redness and I. Pay special attention around the 28th move, a brilliant fork by the Redness forces an early (yet tactically brilliant) Queen sacrifice by me, which paves the way for a crushing victory. Somewhere, Miyamoto Musashi is smiling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home