It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Editorial Oversight
The headline on my Google news page currently is, "Speaker Hastert testifies before panel probing sex scandal." Not much by itself, but I took a screenshot of this just a day or so ago... Seriously, does every single headline regarding the opening of a sexual assault case have to contain the word "probe"? What about investigate? Or the myriad of other acceptable synonyms with less explicit baggage? Can't we agree not to "probe" sexual offenders anymore?

In other news, my job is sweet, and I've narrowed my car selections down to either a 2006 Honda Civic Coupe or a 2006 MINI Cooper S. Most likely a Civic... I can't decide if driving a MINI makes me an unrepentant anglophile ala J. Morgan, or just kinda creepy. I'm leaning towards creepy, but having a car I could store under my desk during work (and thus avoid paying exorbitant parking fees) would be a definite plus. Anyway, The Italian Job is still cool, right?
"I'm the #1 ranked car in terms of resale value!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home