It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Saturday, October 08, 2005
Celebrating Diversity
I read this in Michael Yon's latest post the other day, "Humor can strengthen bonds. There were other times, when Kurilla would come in and talk about people we had captured or killed, and tell Eid, “You’re falling behind!” Or he’d bring in pictures of detainees and say, “Please circle your relatives so we can release them," and it reminded me of a story I had been meaning to post.

About a week ago I was hanging out at work with my boss watching TV, when Jose, our Puerto Rican chef, walked in and changed the channel to Emeril, who was *BAM* making waffle batter.
Daren (my boss): "Jose, how come your waffle batter doesn't look like that?"
Jose: "Yeah it does, just wait..."
Me: "C'mon, they don't eat waffles in Mexico"
Jose: "... I'll make some right now."

About ten seconds after I said that, Jose finally catches it and says, "Fuck you, I'm Puerto Rican!" and Daren starts laughing. Jose goes back to the kitchen and I went back into the shop. About thirty minutes later, Jose walks into the shop carrying a plate with a waffle along with some butter and syrup.

Jose: "I was trying these out for the breakfast tomorrow and I thought you might want one."
Me: "Thanks man. (I take a bite) Jose, this is terrible! What is in here?"
Jose: "I put a potato in, I thought you'd like it more..."

Fuck you Jose, I'm not even Irish.

2 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

that's hilarious! I am irish, so I think I'd like it. I think racial humor is just about the funniest thing ever, if everyone can get in on it and no one feels offended. I used to work at Pizza hut with a bunch of Russians and Armenians, and we would spend all 6 hours of our shifts ripping on each others ethnicities. HILARIOUS.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Al said...

He got you good.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home