It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Monday, September 12, 2005
Crank it up, Fuckers!
Updates to my blog will be infrequent at best for a while since the internet has kicked off in my house for some reason, and I have no idea how to fix it. My computer says I'm connected to the network at full speed, but none of my internet applications will work. It isn't a problem with my computer, because the laptop no longer recieves a wireless signal either. I've plugged and replugged most everything, so if anyone knows how to fix it let me know. Also, I haven't ruled out the possibility that we just haven't paid the bill- so it may be much simpler than that...

Also, while at Barnes and Noble the other day splurging after making $200 for a three hour lesson (hit balls, played nine holes, hit balls, looked at video- my job is sweet!), I purchased Blink by Malcom Gladwell (which was excellent), The Wealth and Poverty of Nations (which I haven't read yet), and a compilation of The Chronicles of Narnia, which includes the book The Silver Chair, which got me thinking of the band Silverchair- hence the title of this post.

7 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

If you're on DSL, unplug your router for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, call your tech support people and ask if you've paid the bill.

The Silver Chair is pretty good. The Horse and his Boy is my favorite, I think, (not to be confused by "the ugly dysfunctional aging musician and his boys", which will be released later this month about the MJ trial.) Voyage of the Dawn Treader is also very cool. Narnia is much more the stuff of kids stories than Middle Earth. The writing is simpler, the stories less complicated. I find it quite good, but in the genre of excellent "children's" literature that adults read, Harry Potter reigns supreme.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Agreed. I remember reading them a long, long time ago before moving on some pathetic Star Wars novels and eventually Tolkien, but since the movie is coming out soon and the whole thing was $20 bucks, I gave it the ol' "what the hell."

Speaking of Harry Potter, I watched "The Prisoner of Azkaban" on Showtime last night. I was disappointed in the first two, but now that the actors are getting older I think the quality of the movies has definately increased.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

And nice work with the gratuitous Michael Jackson bash. Keep it up.

10:30 AM  
Blogger RJ said...

Thanks. :)

I liked the first HP movie...never saw the second. The first was actually what inspired me to start reading the books - I thought it was good enough that the books must be better. The third was good, but since I'd just read the book the movie seemed rushed and..something less..which is to be expected.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats the CoN it sounds really familiar and Dune is still the sweetest set of books ever!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

The Chronicles of Narnia are a set of seven books written by CS Lewis. Just google em...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Speaking of Michael Jackson bash... what did the mom say to Michael Jackson at the beach?

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home