It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Anti-Drug
On the way to work today, I heard this incredibly well written blurb from an anti-drug commercial. "..fast foward twenty years, your child is sitting in your basement too stoned to move, after they dropped out of college, failing to get the good job they deserved..." Good job they deserved? Why exactly did they deserve it? I thought they wasted their youth smoking pot... it made me so mad that I punched John Kerry and Tom Brokaw in the face. Just kidding, I wasn't mad at all. But seriously, I still punched those douchebags.

4 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

jobs are tough. We all want to believe we're entitled to do something we love, but do how to we justify the life of the mexican who's forced by circumstances to be the custodial engineers at our desperately boring upper middle class white business? The real goal would be to learn to be happy with whatever job we had, but so far that's been amazingly difficult for me to do.

5:37 PM  
Blogger JMC said...

Were you angry at the commercial because it was a bit too autobiographical?


Too much?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

I'm one of those self-hating stoners...

Seriously, I've smoked maybe twice since high school, just one of those times happened to have a funny story attached...

9:56 AM  
Blogger Al said...

I think the commercial was trying to say that the parents were raising a child who would be worthy of a good job but lost him to pot. J. Caler makes me laugh.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home