It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Update on my Truck
Currently, my truck is still laid up at the Acura dealership awaiting $1400 worth of brake repairs, which would basically eliminate all the money I've saved working seven days/65 hours a week since May at two different jobs. Despite my staunch conservatism, I actually felt a touch of pity for low wage workers as I identified with their struggles to save money. Luckily, I make up for my poverty with a surplus of charisma, and my man Guido is hooking me up with all wholesale parts and then knocking up to $200 off my total bill, which is totally sweet. Also, to make resulting $700 bill sting a little less- he lent me this. Go ahead and click on that link (just a picture)- it's worth it.

To make the deal even sweeter, I get a full tank of gas and I don't have to refill it before I turn it back in. I was thinking about writing an ode to my loaner car yesterday, but I decided to hold off until the newness wore off and I could be more objective. So, a day later, I've decided my 2005 Acura TSX is totally awesome. It's like a mix between Rick Santorum's family values and the sex appeal of the Bush daughters, it can swerve left to right faster than Hillary Clinton on her quest to purge video games of sex and violence, and it's fast enough to knock old ladies over in its wake. I don't think this is true, but for now I'm assuming it can also stop conversation with the same effectiveness as any of my comments over here. Lastly, playing with the TipTronic Transmission is as fun as it... well... playing with a TipTronic transmission should be. The only problem is that XM radio sucks just as much as normal radio- right wing talk shows still have way more commercial breaks than attention grabbing debate.

Other than that, I accidentally smashed a tree frog with a hammer today while pounding in some stakes at the golf course. It crawled out of the end of the pvc pipe (probably irritated by the banging) right into a five pound rubber mallet and exploded all over my favorite pants that I bought the other day at Express for Men. I almost threw up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey fatty none of your links work,so make them work or stop posting them,just another reason why I have the tower

12:15 PM  
Blogger JMC said...

Don't worry: you didn't stop conversation... everyone was just on vacation. Check Sociological Imagination for a response.

12:54 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

nice work on that frog. I say he deserved it, and at least these pants have an exciting and socially acceptable story behind their stains, which is more than I can say for those sweat pants you wear to bed sometimes.

You think the bush daughters have sex appeal?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Yeah.. http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/bushtwins.jpg

to quote Family Guy-
Cleveland: I'd pick Margaret Thatcher.
(others moan in disagreement again)
Cleveland: Oh, so no one finds power sexy. Not one of you finds power sexy?

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home