It's like Mardi Gras meets the bombing of Dresden...
Friday, June 10, 2005
The Prelude

Officially, this is my second legitimate attempt to get a blog going. The first one (www.societyunformed.blogspot.com) was a joint effort with a college roommate after we were inspired by one of the random scenes in Family Guy. I believe the scene consists of two FBI agents pitching a TV show as a fastidious conservative and a slovenly liberal, a sort of reversed Hannity and Colmes, and we decided to bring this concept to bloggerspace (me being the conservative and him the liberal). We even kicked around a host of topics ranging from modern political and policy issues to our theory on masturbation (a topic that will surely receive its own post here shortly) However, the blog quickly succumbed due to its lofty goals and our limited attention span. (Within days of its creation we moved on to developing a flash game in which you drove a boat through the everglades littering and maiming manitees with your prop. This also died... as of today we have only a flash book stolen from the library and a pirated macromedia suite.)

All this behind me now, I'm branching out into a solo effort for two reasons. First off, being a golf professional in Florida in the summer consists of working a lot of shifts where you have absolutely nothing to do and secondly, I always seem to end up doing whatever redhurtmachine is, although I run a couple of years behind.

Anyway, this post was basically just written to ward off the paralyzing emptiness that awaits me every time I sit down at the computer with the intent to post something interesting. Hopefully, now that there is something up here I can sit back and channel the muses...

1 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

I look forward to the great future of this blog. Except for the masturbation post.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home